Started Apr 9, 2013 | Discussions thread
bosjohn21
Senior MemberPosts: 5,433
Like?
Re: Smokers project - samples
In reply to JirkaS, Apr 10, 2013

JirkaS wrote:

bosjohn21 wrote:

you have penchant for shooting your subjects against really busy backgrounds to the point they almost disappear. While usually this would not be good you have somehow made not just the smoker the subject but the entire frame the subject which seems to be making a very strong statement about smoking, Some nice imagery

John aka bosjohn21

That is the advantage of very wide lens and taking photos from close distance. Its steep perspective is separating your subject from the environment _ background but keeping both in your frame _ story and feeling of "intimacy". Just opposite of taking Street photography with some long lens which is “gluing” subject & environment together with its shallow perspective.

I understand what your saying I think I am saying that this series is more lost in the background than most and its working for you. There are of course otherways of deminishing a distracting background besides long lens and narrow depth of fieled and it heartning to know others think so too nice job.

John

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow