Rechargeable AA Batteries and Charger for SB700

Started Feb 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
bravozulu
Contributing MemberPosts: 886Gear list
Like?
Re: Rechargeable AA Batteries and Charger for SB700
In reply to sthlm, Apr 10, 2013

Sanyo Eneloop batteries are the highest quality made. This is because the purity of the chemical components.

If you want to read about them, and see some tests, go to the website for Thomas Distributing.

http://www.thomasdistributing.com/AA-AAA-C-D-9V-Batteries_c_634.html

I believe they are in Pennsylvania. But you can buy the batteries anywhere. I got them at both Amazon.com and from BH Photo in New York.

The Maha charger is rated the highest, according to the tests on the Thomas Industry website. But I'm not a pro, and wanted to save money. So I bought the Pearstone charger sold at BHPhoto. Amazon also sells them. They are about half the price of the Maha. They hold 8 AA cells at one time and have full digital controls. Just like the Maha.

The Eneloops and other good batteries require a charger that will fully discharge the batteries before re-charging them. This conditions the batteries and so you can expect them to last for 1,000 charging cycles. The Thomas website has good technical and background info on rechargeable batteries. Very useful to photographers.

bravozulu's gear list:bravozulu's gear list
Nikon D7000 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 12-24mm f/4G ED-IF Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-Nikkor 80-200mm f/2.8D ED +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow