Glass LCD protectors - Giottos, GGS, or Vello?

Started Mar 8, 2013 | Questions thread
bravozulu
Contributing MemberPosts: 897Gear list
Like?
Re: Glass LCD protectors - Giottos, GGS, or Vello?
In reply to MPA1, Apr 10, 2013

I bought the GGS and it sat, unopened in the plastic container for a year. My camera is a Nikon D7000. Mostly out of boredom, I got a little tired of the funky plastic protector over the rear LCD panel. So, a year after buying it, I unpacked the CGS.

For such an inexpensive product, it sure is slick. In a techno sense. Great instructions and it really is two protector screens. I thought it only fit the big reaf LCD. There is a smaller panel that fits over the top Control Panel on the Nikon.

Neither of these will scratch like the plastic protector made by Nikon. The screens look clearer and brighter through the glass. It was easy to apply them both, and I ended up with no bubbles. I clean them regularly with a micro-fiber cloth and a drop or two of lens cleaner. After two months of use, no scratches on the glass. I'm a happy guy.

bravozulu's gear list:bravozulu's gear list
Nikon D7000 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 12-24mm f/4G ED-IF Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-Nikkor 80-200mm f/2.8D ED +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow