"Mirrorless" is the future???

Started Feb 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
digitallollygag
Regular MemberPosts: 291Gear list
Like?
Re: "Mirrorless" is the future???
In reply to SergioNevermind, Apr 10, 2013

Wow, guys, this thread was started a year ago.  But I'll offer my two cents.  In all liklihood I've probably purchased my last DSLR with the recent acquisition of my Nikon D5100.  I simply no longer see enough advantages with DSLRs (for my needs) to continue to stick with the "upgrade" habit every three years or so.  I am middle-aged, my 80-200mm f/2.8 is heavy, and in some instances the IQ coming from my Canon S95 and my smartphone seems "good enough" to my failing eyes.

The other thing is Canon and Nikon were late to the mirrorless party.  I think these two companies are headed for a rough road ahead if they don't innovate.  Both companies, especially Nikon, are building bigger, heavier lenses, and from what I see, that is exactly opposite of what most people want.  My little crystal ball is still pretty cloudy, but I'd say the near future belongs to mirrorless cameras, smartphones and Google Glass.

digitallollygag's gear list:digitallollygag's gear list
Canon PowerShot S95 Nikon D100 Olympus E-410 Nikon D5100 Pentax Q +16 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Yes!New
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow