"Mirrorless" is the future???

Started Feb 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
SergioNevermind
Forum MemberPosts: 74
Like?
Re: "Mirrorless" is the future???
In reply to jon404, Apr 10, 2013

jon404 wrote:

I have an Olympus XZ-1 with an old Pen VF-1 optical viewfinder, for bright days when I can't see the screen. My stepson showed up with a new Panasonic FZ-150 -- electronic viewfinder, 600mm lens -- and I was able to take a picture of a passing small plane, about a mile away, through tree branches -- just like that.

I don't think I could have taken that picture with a large DSLR. No way at all. The size, caused by the mirror-space needs. And -- for that kind of zoom -- an insanely heavy, hard-to-hold zoom.

I believe the future belongs to mega-zoom point 'n shoots with increased sensor quality.

Just thinking wide angle lenses are much better in viewfinder (old mirrorless film) cameras, just a design issue of less distance to the focal plane, and now DIGITAL mirrorless can achieve this short distance and through the lens view, not needing the mirror, or the prism.

Long zoom capabilities is more a matter of sensor size that of mirrorless itself. It happens that (nearly) all mirrorless cameras do have small sensors.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Yes!New
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow