What would be the right move to correct my distortion issue?

Started Apr 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Robbilt86
New MemberPosts: 17
Like?
What would be the right move to correct my distortion issue?
Apr 10, 2013

Hello all, I travel all across the country taking photographs of semi trucks. I currently use Nikon D300s and D90 bodies paired with Nikon 12-24 and 16-85vr lenses. The issue I have been running into lately (especially with the 16-85vr) is complex distortion affecting the exhaust stacks and making them look bent inwards no matter what angle or perspective the photo is taken from. My question is....what if any lenses should I be looking at to help correct this problem without loosing image quality? Also, do any members have any tips for helping to keep this at a minimum and if not....how would you go about correcting it post processing (keep in mind that I have already tried the automatic corrections in ps and pt lens etc. and they do not seem to correct this problem)? I have included a few sample images to show you the distortion I am talking about.

Thank you all in advance for your input and guidance,

Rob

Nikon D300S Nikon D90
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow