ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
marinaside
Regular MemberPosts: 129Gear list
Like?
Jagged Lines
Apr 10, 2013

I post this question in this forum only because the camera used was a D800

This photo is a 1:1 crop straight from the camera (RAW) with no adjustments and was shot early afternoon...what I notice is that a lot of the horizontal lines of the concrete and some of the window mullions appear quite jagged and I don't understand why.

I understand this can be an atmospheric effect in extreme heat but that was not the case on this day so I'm left to consider my technique and focus, camera, software (Lightroom) or computer hardware issues (iMac). My focus point in this photo (not shown) looks good to me and was shot on a tripod with live view. I took several shots of the same scene with the same focus point from the same shoot and several of the other photo's do not show this effect.

I'm at a loss to understand what may be causing this so any suggestions are welcome.

Thank You

Don

marinaside's gear list:marinaside's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24mm f/1.4G ED Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED VR +2 more
Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow