M43 Talk appears to be the most active forum on this site

Started Apr 9, 2013 | Discussions thread
Bob Tullis
Forum ProPosts: 25,273Gear list
Like?
Re: M43 Talk appears to be the most active forum on this site
In reply to Anders W, Apr 10, 2013

Anders W wrote:

Thanks for taking the trouble to index this. The result is not all that surprising in my view. First, I have noticed for a while now that MFT threads regularly appear with fairly high frequency in the "Top threads in dpreview.com" list to the right in the main forum window. Being on that list is not only a sign of activitiy but is in a way self-reinforcing since people who wouldn't otherwise look at the MFT forum come to visit as a result of it. Second, it is pretty clear that the MFT camp is currently quite attractive for people upsizing from P&S cameras as well as for people downsizing from DSLRs. This in turn means that there is a steady stream of newcomers on the forum asking questions of those who have already been here for a while.

It's been an interesting evolution, this digital photography for the masses.   Eventually the technology allowed the exploitation of the gap between the fixed lens and DSLR format, and µ4/3 grabbed the Goldilocks format position.   Not right away, but it has evolved quite encouragingly and has a good foothold at this point.   A 'tweener format, in many ways.

I wonder, though, what this format would be like if there were 3 or 4 seriously competing parties instead of just two.   One thing I'm sure of, however, if that were the case - we'd have to have separate forums for each brand.  [g]

-- hide signature --

...Bob, NYC
http://www.bobtullis.com
"Well, sometimes the magic works. . . Sometimes, it doesn't." - Little Big Man

Bob Tullis's gear list:Bob Tullis's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Rokinon 7.5mm 1:3.5 UMC Fisheye CS Voigtlander Nokton 42.5mm F0.95 Voigtlander Nokton 17.5mm F0.95 Aspherical Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 +17 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow