Forum ProPosts: 21,460
Like?
Re: bhphotovideo site
In reply to peevee1, Apr 10, 2013

peevee1 wrote:

Barrie Davis wrote:

JohnJ851 wrote:

I don't know what passover is.

I must have lived under a rock without even knowing it.

What a stupid comment.

I think you should back-off on the "stupid" remarks.

You seem to regard your not knowing what Passover is as the "normal" condition. Well, it isn't.

An educated person should know what this religious festival of the Jewish Faith is, and how it came about.

Not knowing about Passover doesn't make you stupid, just ignorant.

Really? I know what Passover is, but don't agree with your statement. Do you know every Hindu holiday? Every Muslim holiday? Every Buddhist holiday? Orthodox Christian? Zoroastrian?

I know most of them, yes... although Zoroastrian not so much.

However, none of these holy days impose themselves greatly on the business of buying cameras in America ... whereas the Jewish Festivals DO, quite significantly, because of their observance by B&H and Adorama, the preferred sources of photographic equipment for the nation.

Jews are 0.8% of population in the US, and even less in the world. And most of them are not even religious/observant. Much more people "observe" American Idol then these holidays. No, these "festivals" are not that important, and knowledge of them is not a determinant of an educated person at all.

The man chose to whine about it, instead of find out about it. That was selfish, and ignorant.

-- hide signature --

Regards,
Baz
:
"Ahh... But the thing is, these guys were no ORDINARY time travellers!"

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow