E M-5 and lenses . Reason to be concerned?

Started Apr 9, 2013 | Discussions thread
Valentinian
Regular MemberPosts: 437Gear list
Like?
Re: E M-5 and lenses . Reason to be concerned?
In reply to Peng Bian, Apr 10, 2013

Peng Bian wrote:

Don't fret friend, Olympus and Panasonic are just not taking the same approach to lens release and coverage. Below reasons.

This year is all about hybrid phase/contrast autofocus for Olympus..They plan on allowing 1 camera to use both m43 and 43 lenses, doubling the amount of lenses you can choose from.

Olympus also has a shorter turn around time between announcement and release. 17mm 1.8 for example. The 2 panny bright primes won't be out until 2014.

Thanks. If Olympus, as you write, is working on a hybrid camera, that's good news to me, meaning that Olympus is alive, and not going to die (from the financial problems).

Someone else wrote that stabilization is not necessarily important. Well, it is for low light shots, isn't it? I don't claim of being an expert photographer, but if you go to my modest short gallery, you will see a photo of a black cat, by night, without flash and (of course) without tripod as well. at 1/8 of a second. I am no way good enough to shoot 1/8 of a second without IBIS...

Valentinian's gear list:Valentinian's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus PEN E-PM2 Panasonic Leica D Summilux Asph 25mm F1.4 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm 1:1.8 +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow