E M-5 and lenses . Reason to be concerned?

Started Apr 9, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Valentinian
Regular MemberPosts: 455Gear list
Like?
E M-5 and lenses . Reason to be concerned?
Apr 9, 2013

Money might not be an important issue for some (or many) in this forum. However, it is for me.

After buying the E M-5 with the 12-50 kit, money being what it is, or rather, what it isn't, I had to wait some time before considering other lenses.

Then, one lens at the (long) time, I bought first the 25/1.4,  then the 45-175, then the 14/2.5.

Maybe my next lens (future) will be the Oly 75/1.8 - Or maybe not. Maybe it will be the soon to come Panasonic 150/2.8 - In any case, either of these two lenses will not have stabilization -

So, all my lenses (except the kit lens) will work with IBIS only. Which means that when in a long, long future, I will replace the E M-5 with another mirrorless, it HAS to be an Olympus, for IBIS reasons

And here comes my concern:

Panasonic and others keep releasing cameras, lenses, and more are coming out.

And Olympus? why don't we see other Olympus lenses coming up? What's happening there? did I invest in a sound system?

Valentinian's gear list:Valentinian's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus PEN E-PM2 Panasonic Leica D Summilux Asph 25mm F1.4 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm 1:1.8 +2 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow