Will Nikon add VR to the 17-55 2.8 dx ever?

Started Apr 9, 2013 | Discussions thread
stuntmonkey
Senior MemberPosts: 2,622
Like?
Re: Will Nikon add VR to the 17-55 2.8 dx ever?
In reply to Adventsam, Apr 9, 2013

Quite honestly I'm amazed it was never released with it? anyone else know if this is going to happen, is it that big of a deal?

>Quite honestly I'm amazed it was never released with it? anyone else know if this is going to happen, is it that big of a deal?

Not likely, but who knows. Adding VR doesn't seem to be as simple ad installing more circuitry, the optical formula changes well. Remember when everybody thought the 85 f/1.4g would have VR, but (according to Nikon) they left it off to preserve the characteristics that people expected of the old 85mm.

The other reason is the boring one, on traditional dSLR's Canon doesn't have one so Nikon probably won't. That's a silly reason for anything, and not accurate, but the two companies don't actively discourage that sentiment either.

I would say that if Nikon is serious about advancing video capabilities, then VR versions of the DX and FX normal-zoom lenses makes sense. Nothing would jump start sales like a D400 rollout with a 16-50 f/2.8VR, but that looks like wishful thinking so far. Persistent rumours of a 16-85 f/4, that might show up first.
--
http://1000wordpics.blogspot.com

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow