Lumix 100-300 about the bird feeder

Started Apr 9, 2013 | Discussions thread
Bob Tullis
Forum ProPosts: 26,825Gear list
Like?
A collective thanks
In reply to Bob Tullis, Apr 9, 2013

Thanks, Aleo, Trevor, Lmnct.

Brian, I hear ya.   We haven't had sustained weather like that - I've just my time off hasn't coincided with much of the better weather days.   Hang in there [g].

Danny - yea, I like to catch somewhat unusual moments, but it takes a lot of FPS series to get a few.  Too many - culling only the better I haven't gotten to yet.   There's probably a good 20gb of exposures I should bin.   In a sense I was spraying and praying for the non-portrait type poses (though the posing for a portrait types usually are the finer ones).

Tedolf - that's an accurate assessment, I must agree.   My fav is the last chipmunk, but the compromise for not scaring it off (twigs) is something to better on another sitting day [g].   The first chipmunk isn't all that compelling - technically I'm satisfied considering the treatment for the ISO (sharpening & NR).    Good luck with your hummer baiting.   That can be especially challenging (including the challenge of patience).

Chuck - indeed, it was quick and accurate focusing.  Sometimes it would take on the b/g (understandable), and it wouldn't return to the f/g if any of the b/g was in the focus area, but that too is understandable (and sometimes desirable, but not on that day [g]).

Sam - these were relatively quickly done in LR, with sharpening (and NR on ISO 1600) applied globally.   The EF 400/5.6 shot in retrospect. . . needs a do-over (confession).

Andrew - Thank you!   I meant to break out the bird book because ashamedly I couldn't recall what that one was.  But I never got around to it.

Richard - thanks, but do weigh this lens against the Oly 75-300.  While I did get this in the interest of feather detail, I find it's a little to bulky and heavy to add to a day outing kit set unless I specifically intend to use it.  But they both have their considerations.   I mean, I'm not saying  Lumix 100-300 isn't highly recommended [g].

-- hide signature --

...Bob, NYC
http://www.bobtullis.com
"Well, sometimes the magic works. . . Sometimes, it doesn't." - Little Big Man

Bob Tullis's gear list:Bob Tullis's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm 1:1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 II Rokinon 7.5mm 1:3.5 UMC Fisheye CS Voigtlander Nokton 17.5mm F0.95 Aspherical +19 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow