ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Chuck Fralick
Regular MemberPosts: 427Gear list
Like?
6.7-13mm filter issue
Apr 9, 2013

Folks,

I just bought the V1 with 10-30 and 30-110 lenses. Really impressed with it. I couldn't resist buying the new 6.7-13mm which seems to be a great lens in what little time I've had with it so far. I'm very particular about protecting my lenses and usually opt for UV filters. The 6.7-13 has 52mm threads so I bought a B+W "Digital MRC Nano XS Pro" - one of their new touted models. It is a very nicely made filter with a thin mount especially for wide angles. However, be forewarned that you cannot attach the hood with this filter attached. It screws into the lens threads easily enough and appears to be a perfect fit, but my assumption is it is ever so slightly wider than the lens barrel and therefore the hood will not fit over it. Disappointing, but I have DSLR lenses with 52mm threads, so nothing lost.

I'd be interested to know what brands of UV filters (and even the models) that folks have used in conjunction with this lens and hood.

Regards,
Chuck

Chuck Fralick's gear list:Chuck Fralick's gear list
Leica X Vario Olympus E-M1 Canon PowerShot S95 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Pentax MX-1 +4 more
Nikon 1 V1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow