Started Apr 9, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Jake64
Contributing MemberPosts: 589Gear list
Like?
Upcoming engagement shoot for a friend
Apr 9, 2013

I'm going to be doing a photo session for a friend sometime later this year. In order to get some ideas, I looked over the pictures the photographer took at my engagement session last year. After reading the exif data, I noticed that over the course of 100+ photos, she never once touched the f number or ISO regardless of it being a portrait shot or the two of us some distance away. Every photo was at f2 and 500 ISO and given the lighting conditions, some shutter speeds were at 1/4000 sec and few under 1/2000. The way I see it, if I'm not shooting action then I don't need ridiculously fast shutter speeds so I'd lower the ISO. Also, if I was taking a photo of someone that was twenty feet away, if the lighting was good, I'd also up the f stop, maybe keep the ISO but either way, aim for a shutter speed of 1/500 or so to get a noise free shot as possible with depth . Was there a method to her technique that I am missing?

Jake64's gear list:Jake64's gear list
Nikon D7000 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR Tamron SP AF 17-50mm F/2.8 XR Di II LD Aspherical (IF) Samyang 85mm F1.4 Aspherical IF
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow