Best P&S camera? Impossible question?!

Started Apr 9, 2013 | Discussions thread
forpetessake
Senior MemberPosts: 3,474
Like?
Re: Best P&S camera? Impossible question?!
In reply to joe talks photography, Apr 9, 2013

joe talks photography wrote:

You might proceed by determining the budget allocated for any point and shoot. I would then recommend buying the best reviewed camera, irrespective of whether the features are overkill.

I am a Sony user now however I would really recommend an m43 camera like the Panasonic GF3 or 5 or, the Olympus Pen cameras, most notably the PM-2 ($499)...any of these with the kit lens should be more capable than the run of the mill point and shoot that is similarly priced. The RX100 (which I owned) is truly a great point and shoot but could use a lower price a year after introduction.

I don't have RX100, the specs look good though. But when it comes to Panasonic, I have an extensive experience with G3 -- the OOC JPEGs are pretty poor. Camera requires considerable PP efforts and shooting RAW. The Panasonic kit 14-42 lens is also junk. I would advise steering clear Panasonic, and m4/3 in general. He will get a lot better results from any NEX with kit lens.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow