Started Apr 8, 2013 | Discussions thread
Docno
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,025Gear list
Like?
Simillar experience here
In reply to harold1968, Apr 9, 2013

harold1968 wrote:

Muizen -Belgium wrote:

When I read about the cost of the RX1 in the USA and compare with what I had to pay here in Europe (€3.100 or $4.045), you should not complain at all!

Enjoy a wonderful camera, regrettably from Sony with its poor customer service (here in Europe)!

-- hide signature --

Harry

well I live in the UK, so guess I paid the EU tax. I should have waited until I visited NY

I have to say I have found Sony service in the UK to be good. I bought a 24-70mm zeiss lens in NY a few years ago and the focus motor broke a month after I was back in the UK. Strictly sony's sold in the US have a US only warranty, but the UK service arm agreed to repair it free of charge, so can't complain.

rgds

-- hide signature --

harold.co.il

Years ago, I bought a Sony a700 in Shanghai before it was available where I live in Singapore. The shop told me that I'd be able to convert the warranty in Singapore. Wasn't true. But Sony Singapore still fixed the camera for free when I experienced a problem a few months later...

Docno's gear list:Docno's gear list
Sony RX100
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow