Started Apr 8, 2013 | Discussions thread
sd40
Senior MemberPosts: 1,378
Like?
Re: somewhat
In reply to amobi, Apr 9, 2013

amobi wrote:

chlamchowder wrote:

It's not like the D7100 is perfect either. It's missing the full time ISO display in the finder

Please elaborate a little.  Thanks.

The same problem as what was in the D7000: there are only three numerical displays in the finder, meaning that you can't display frame count and ISO at the same time. You can set it to display ISO (losing the frame count display), but that display disappears and is replaced with the number of burst frames remaining when you half press the shutter. So while you have the shutter half pressed...you have no indication of what ISO you're at.

And dropping the frame count display by itself is not an optimal solution.

Am I correct to say that for those of us who don't use auto iso this should not be an issue. I always set my iso manually.

Or you could turn it around and say that for those of us who don't constantly need to know how much space is left on the card this is not an issue.

This was the point of my question--as an Auto ISO user I don't want to give up knowing the actual ISO that Auto ISO chooses at any given moment, but cards have so much capacity these days that the remaining number of images is not something I always need to know.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
NoNew
NopeNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow