inane prattle

Started Apr 8, 2013 | Discussions thread
69chevy
Senior MemberPosts: 1,370
Like?
It's OK...
In reply to Just Having Fun, Apr 9, 2013

Just Having Fun wrote:

Sorry, I proved your comment about, if you don't have an F/2.8 zoom indoors you have to go home, wrong. Clearly there are ways to work around various hurdles.

Yes you proved you could stay (and take bad pictures).

What are the clear ways around this? Stop down and blur the shot?

You really need to learn to read more carefully as well. Where did I mention a zoom?

Sadly, many here (maybe not you), rely on fast zooms and shallow Dof as crutches, rather than learning other ways to overcome issues such as lower light or subject isolation.

Learning other ways to overcome lower light and subject isolation?

Do you summon more light from the heavens?

Blur out the fans in PP?

What are you even talking about?

Shooting sports with shallow DOF as a crutch? Have you ever shot a sport in your life?

If so, you would understand the skill required to even get a close shot in focus at f2.8.

ISO 5000-6400 looks bad enough without missing focus.

btw, most posters in this thread should look up the meanings of the words "want" and "need".  To claim you "need" a giant fast expensive lens to take pictures is...well...inane prattle! 

To clarify (a perfectly clear post), I eluded to the fact that some gyms require f2.8 (or faster) at ISO 6400 to get decent shots (ones where motion is not causing blur).

And.. again, you are wrong. I never said "giant" or "expensive".

I have seen excellent basketball shots from both the 50mm 1.8, 1.4, and the 85mm 1.8.

None of these are expensive. Both 1.4 lenses are around $400-500 and the 50mm 1.8 is $100.

None are "giant" either.

And BTW, my feelings aren't hurt.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow