Feeling jipped with D600 39-pt AF?

Started Apr 8, 2013 | Discussions thread
MikeInIndy
Senior MemberPosts: 1,075Gear list
Like?
Re: Feeling jipped with D600 39-pt AF?
In reply to eNo, Apr 9, 2013

For my uses the improvements offered by 51 pt (only 1 f8 point) are negligible.  I shot race cars with a D7k and a D600 all weekend and had no focus issues.  I've "heard" the d7k is bad in low light, but I've experienced the D600 and it definitely is not.  Since the 7100 uses a refreshed version of the D300's focus module it may be marginally better, but the D300 wasn't somehow amazingly much better than the 600, if anything the 600's "automatic" tracking modes seem much more responsive.  Oh the one thing I do feel like the D600 got slighted on, bracketing size.  Other than that, I looked at the D7100, the OLED finder display and bigger screen etc are nice, but for half the price I ended up buying a like new d7000 and it worked great for the race since I didn't want to put a million frames on the D600.  If the D7100 had more f8 focus points i might have bought it just for that, but it didn't so I'm waiting with hope for a D400.

-- hide signature --

-Mike

MikeInIndy's gear list:MikeInIndy's gear list
Canon PowerShot G3 Nikon Coolpix 950 Nikon D7000 Nikon 1 J1 Nikon D600 +13 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
NoNew
NopeNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow