paulski66
Senior MemberPosts: 1,714Gear list
Like?
Well, here's the thing...personally, I'm thrilled with my d600
In reply to RhysM, Apr 9, 2013

RhysM wrote:

Brian Caslis wrote:

RhysM wrote:

Exactly pay less for lower specs pay more for higher specs. The D600 costs more than the D7100 so should have higher specs.

The D800 is differentiated enough by having pro layout and body along with 36mp. Nikon are just being greedy with the D600.

And Canon isn't being greedy charging the same price for an even lower spec camera? Pretty simple if don't like a camera don't buy it. Have you bought one yet?

Nope, still agonising.

I am going on holiday in 3 weeks and want at least a week with the camera before, so will probably order something over the weekend.

I'm probably going to go for the D600 and let my logical side decide that it is capable for everything i need. I don't care about the megapixels but my gadget freak side is bothered by the AF system and may convince me that if spending £3000 on a camera plus lenses + accessories i might as well spend £3500 and get the D800.

The AF is great. Would I like more coverage? Sure, I guess. But in my day-to-day shooting, it never hinders me one bit. It might be a deal-breaker for some, but I am more than adequately served by the AF.

FF, unbelievable low-light performance, great AF, 24MP, built-in flash...honestly, I could nit-pick the few things I'm less-than-thrilled with, but honestly most days I'm having too much fun taking pictures to worry about those.

No camera is perfect, but for me, the d600 is a damn nice "compromise.".

paulski66's gear list:paulski66's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 Nikon D600 Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED VR +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
NoNew
NopeNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow