Started Apr 9, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Mo50
Regular MemberPosts: 356Gear list
Like?
OM-D E-M5 questions
Apr 9, 2013

1) Any talk of an upgrade to the E-M5. I am getting close to jumping into four thirds and putting my L glass in the closet and possibly up for sale. It seems that the Oly is the best option for a manual, still shooter when also considering original Olympus lens options.

2) Why have I not seen the 12-60 mentioned? Is it perhaps old technology? Is it perhaps too big on this camera (I have not seen one yet)? It got great reviews and covers a perfect range for me.

3) For those that  pick up a few fixed focal lengths and pass on the zoom - the way we used to shoot way back when: I would think that there is a real dust problem if there is a lot of lens switching going on. I would be tempted to go this route. It would probably tune up my skills as well, but I would be worried about sensor dust. The 12-60 would do away with that problem. Years ago, I carried two bodies each with a fixed focal length and was quite happy.

4) There was a lot of talk about bad shutters on this camera. Is that a real common problem. There is no official Olympus importer in Israel at this time, so expert Olympus repairs might have to be sent to Europe or the US. Someone could bring it in for me from B and H or Amazon, but it would be a hassle if it had to go back. This camera might be still worth it.

Will appreciate your comments.

Thanks,

Mo

Mo50's gear list:Mo50's gear list
Canon PowerShot G10 Canon EOS 6D Fujifilm X-T1 Canon EF 300mm f/4.0L IS USM Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM +2 more
Olympus OM-D E-M5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow