Started Apr 7, 2013 | Discussions thread
Thoughtless
Junior MemberPosts: 26
Like?
Re: Jupiter 50mm f2 adapter
In reply to kuuan, Apr 9, 2013

kuuan wrote:

Thoughtless wrote:

I've seen a few people make their own adapter for the Contax/Kiev mount 8's from the Kiev body if I'm not mistaken.

right!

it's not all that difficult to do, taking off the mount from a broken Kiev camera and connecting it with a short NEX adapter, in my case a 'faulty' Pen-F > NEX adapter

my 5N with a CZ 1.5/50 in Contax RF mount:

if I'd use it regularly I'd cut off that superfluous metal around the mount, looks kind of cool though

in case of the J-8 I'd also strongly recommend to get the LTM version and use a regular, cheap M39>NEX adapter.

-- hide signature --

photos mostly taken with manual lenses on Sony NEX5N, Pentax K-x and *istDs: http://flickr.com/photos/kuuan/

It certainly is cheaper than buying one on eBay! If the right Kiev body shows up I'll give it a try, it may have to be an already broken one as I don't think I could rip apart a working one!

Did you have to get a specific Kiev body to get the mount off? It looks like it was relatively easy to unscrew it away, I'm guessing you take off the outer plate to get to the lens mount screws?

The Zeiss looks great on the camera, even more interesting with the metal offshoots.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow