F900EXR - I'm in love

Started Apr 6, 2013 | Discussions thread
Richard Southworth
Regular MemberPosts: 370Gear list
Like?
Re: F900EXR - test of SN/DR
In reply to alexisgreat, Apr 9, 2013

I had read of the raw + jpeg technique for creating a 8mp raw in the semi-manual modes, and I verified it worked the same on the F900EXR.  I'll keep it in mind, although I'm reluctant to add a useless (to me) jpeg image for every raw.  I'll probably leave P set at raw only 16mp, use it occasionally when I want a larger image.

In DSLR days I preferred A as my standard shooting mode, although I'm concerned that on bright sunny days I might run out of shutter speed, so for P&Ss I usually pick P.

On a different subject that might be of interest to some, I carry an iPad with me on trips to store/view/add metadata to my images.  I have verified the ipad with the camera connection kit will accept the F900EXR .raf files with no issues, and display the embedded jpeg in Photos and as far as I can tell all other apps.  I state this because it was a concern before I purchased the camera, since I could find no documentation verifying such.

Richard Southworth

Richard Southworth's gear list:Richard Southworth's gear list
Olympus Stylus 1
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow