LA-EA2 + SAL1680Z Problems

Started Apr 9, 2013 | Discussions thread
TiagoReil
Senior MemberPosts: 1,488Gear list
Like?
Re: LA-EA2 + SAL1680Z Problems
In reply to Rccarruth, Apr 9, 2013

Rccarruth wrote:

I ordered the two items in the title recently and so far I'm very disappointed.  The 16-80Z came in yesterday and I took a walk around a local park to try it out.  I noticed pretty quickly that there seemed to be some wobble in the set-up.  I though at first it might be between the LA-EA2 to NEX connection or lens-to-adapter connection.  I soon realized it was the zoom extension on the lens.
It wobbled enough that I could feel it with each step while walking holding the camera.  It wobbles when fully retracted or extended.  The LA-EA2 has a more authoritative shutter than the camera alone which I assume is the mirror flip(I've never owned a DSLR).  It seems when you combine these two, it's nearly impossible to get a sharp picture.  After getting home, I checked the pictures and sure enough, none of them are as sharp as my 18-55 kit lens.  Nice color and contrast sure,  but at 100% everything is a blurry mess.
I checked some reviews online and a few mentioned zoom wobble on the 16-80, but usually just at the extreme extension.  I assume it shouldn't wobble noticeably at any zoom level?  Has anyone with a 16-80Z experienced this problem?  If so, was the lens repaired or replaced?  It was a used lens sold as "Like New" with a warranty.  I've contacted the seller and I'm waiting to see what happens.
Thanks for any input.
-Clark

The LA-EA2 (and any SLT till today, it may change in the future) has no mirror flip. IT is in that place and doesnt move. It is partially transparten, partially reflective (2/3ds vs 1/3rd aprox). So that shouldnt be a problem.

Can you post some pictures with the full exif data? I have the LAEA2 and was considering this lens, but was also waiting to see what is release for the nex first.

TiagoReil's gear list:TiagoReil's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony 85mm F2.8 SAM Sigma 70mm F2.8 EX DG Macro +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow