Started Apr 9, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
brian14478
Senior MemberPosts: 3,393
Like?
A55sharp-skinned hawk
Apr 9, 2013

Was getting ready to head out saturday to see family and get some groceries. I heard a rat a tat tat tat x 10 and thought maybe it was the pileated woodpecker i have seen before.

Grabbed my camera with the 100-300atx and went looking for the source of the sound..It was tough trying pinpoint because it was echoing off buildings. As i was getting closer and scoping the trees i saw the hawk, busy having sunday brunch in the tree.

Was hard shooting around the branches and moving slow not to disturb him. After i figured i had enough shots and started to walk away he came down from the tree and landed right behind me then instantly flew back up. He was in a different spot so i took some more pics...now he gets curious about me. Twice he flew down to check me out, no more than 7 feet in front of me. I almost think if i hung out longer and sat down he would have landed right on me. I had engagements to take care of or i would have found that one out. Sorry about the long winded story but it was really neat to have a wild hawk become almost a little friend. thanks for looking c&c, brian(it wasnt the pileated)

Sony SLT-A55
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow