Canon G1X is 1 year old! Post your Favourite PICS.

Started Apr 9, 2013 | Discussions thread
LarsPolarBear
Regular MemberPosts: 142Gear list
Like?
Re: Canon G1X is 1 year old! Post your Favourite PICS.
In reply to Marco Nero, Apr 9, 2013

I bought my G1X in September 2012 and must admit that I am still not 100% sure about it. While you can take some nice pictures with it, the shortcomings regarding speed (AF and general operation) as well as the non-macro ability are a strong downside for a "compact camera". I ended up buying the filter adapter, the 250D close-up lens, a 1.8x teleconverter, WP-DC-44 underwater casing & M67 lens adapter & Inon underwater close-up lens.  This is a lot of gear and it easily compares with a Sony NEX 6 with an extra tele-lens, which would give me more flexibility and a much faster AF.  My main reason in favor for the G1X was the availability of an affordable underwater casing (about €225 in comparison to around €2000 for a Nex 6), since this still holds true, I guess I have somehow achieved what I wanted. However, for anybody not going underwater I don't see the point in the G1X - buy a NEX 6 or another system camera (Oly?), or G15 if you want something small - sorry, for being so blunt...

Lars

here a couple of pics...

Ibex - shot with 1.8x teleconverter

Mountain Maple (Alps)

Mountain Hut in Snow

Alps in Snow

Satay Maker, Ipoh, Malaysia

Nudibranch - G1X & WP-DC44 & Inon UCL-165M67 Close-up lens

Manta Ray

Leopards Shark

LarsPolarBear's gear list:LarsPolarBear's gear list
Canon PowerShot G1 X +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow