Started Apr 9, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Rccarruth
Forum MemberPosts: 54
Like?
LA-EA2 + SAL1680Z Problems
Apr 9, 2013

I ordered the two items in the title recently and so far I'm very disappointed.  The 16-80Z came in yesterday and I took a walk around a local park to try it out.  I noticed pretty quickly that there seemed to be some wobble in the set-up.  I though at first it might be between the LA-EA2 to NEX connection or lens-to-adapter connection.  I soon realized it was the zoom extension on the lens.
It wobbled enough that I could feel it with each step while walking holding the camera.  It wobbles when fully retracted or extended.  The LA-EA2 has a more authoritative shutter than the camera alone which I assume is the mirror flip(I've never owned a DSLR).  It seems when you combine these two, it's nearly impossible to get a sharp picture.  After getting home, I checked the pictures and sure enough, none of them are as sharp as my 18-55 kit lens.  Nice color and contrast sure,  but at 100% everything is a blurry mess.
I checked some reviews online and a few mentioned zoom wobble on the 16-80, but usually just at the extreme extension.  I assume it shouldn't wobble noticeably at any zoom level?  Has anyone with a 16-80Z experienced this problem?  If so, was the lens repaired or replaced?  It was a used lens sold as "Like New" with a warranty.  I've contacted the seller and I'm waiting to see what happens.
Thanks for any input.
-Clark

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow