Home studio setup (lighting) question......

Started Apr 9, 2013 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
studionewbie
New MemberPosts: 3
Like?
Home studio setup (lighting) question......
Apr 9, 2013

Hello,

Many thanks!!!!

However, I am unsure if this is a good choice. For example, it doesn't have come with reflectors (not sure if it is a must for back /background lights); also, I am unsure if it can be triggered properly.... I am thinking that my BG400 units will be triggered by the wireless pulsar module, which will then the Flashpoint units (i.e. photo slave of the Flashpoint detecting the flash of BG400).  Is this how it should work???

Currently, I am looking at Flashpoint 160 budget kit with two lights: http://www.adorama.com/FPBK1.html

The big question:  I am looking to have a back light and a background light.... what kind of product would people typically purchase for studio of this size /setup, and how would they set them up?

As for lighting, I have just purchased a Bowens Germini 400/400 rx kit. I intend to use them for key light and fill light respectively. They come with a wireless "pulsar" module where I would plug into my camera hotshoe, to trigger the flash.

The area that I have is approximately 10' (W) x 6' (H) x 12' (D).  I am planning to buy a 10' wide background support, with 9' wide muslin and vinyl backdrops.

I am a newbie trying to setup a home studio and I need some advice....

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow