ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Grimburgoth
New MemberPosts: 12
Like?
Looking for a new 4/3 body
Apr 9, 2013

Hi All,

I've read a lot about about the new direction of Oly and perhaps other DSLR manufacturers no longer making 4/3 (non micro) gear.   I'm looking for some advice about what direction I should take in considering a new system/body.

I currently own an E-500 (2005) with 2 kit lenses and an added 70-300 telephoto. I'm a casual photographer who likes to shoot whatever I can, but nature/scenery are my favorites.  The blend of wide and zoom with the other midrange was sufficient for my needs and produced some results I was happy with.

There are some issues with the current lenses and body.  My telephoto lens is suffering from some AF lockup - I have to 'prime' it by manually turning the lens barrel.  My sensor also seems to have a locked pixel with a visible (if I look hard) streak below it in each image.

All in all I was happy with my rig, but feel I might want to upgrade/replace.

Is it feasible to find a current body that supports my existing lenses? If not, what directions are ex-Oly people headed to find a similar camera experience?

Olympus E-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow