ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
G Hartwell
New MemberPosts: 7
Like?
D7100 and lenses for a beginner?
Apr 9, 2013

Hello all!

I'm new to dSLR photography and I'll be starting out with a d7100 I'm planning to buy this month. I shoot landscapes, a few cityscapes at night but nothing really speedy like wildlife etc on a regular basis. And I also do some street photography.

Should I go with the kit 16-85mm lens? (I've heard that the other 18-105mm kit lens option, while not too bad, is too plasticky and weak?)

Also, would it be wise to invest in something like a 35mm f/1.4G along with this solely for the wide aperture, since the focal length is already covered, or should I think of buying a 10-24mm or perhaps a more telephoto-oriented lens?

(Or would you picks an entirely different set of lenses if you were in my shoes?)

Remember, my camera bag is empty, so whatever I pick is what I'll be starting to fill it with; and nothing too costly please, since I'm not going to be earning anything from my photography, although I do have passion for it

Thanks in advance!

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow