Started Apr 6, 2013 | Questions thread
123Mike
Senior MemberPosts: 4,306Gear list
Like?
Re: a57 v d5100 for first DSLR
In reply to Bjorn_L, Apr 9, 2013

Bjorn_L wrote:

123Mike wrote:

That is your hypothesis. I have another: the sensor is more sensitive to begin with.

Amusing theory given that they use the same sensor.  The a57 just gives up 1/3 to 1/2 stop due to their puzzling use a old technology called a Translucent Mirror.  It is possible to have an EVF without this loss (such as Olympus and Panasonic do).  I don't understand what advantage Sony thinks they get with this approach.  The viewfinder in the gh2, for example, compares favorably to the Sony ones I have seen.

-- hide signature --

See my plan (in my profile) for what I shoot with. See my gallery for images I find amusing.

End of day, the end results aren't much apart. Much less than you suggest based on your belief that it must be bad because "light is taken away". But it won't matter what anyone says. Beliefs isn't something that anyone can influence.

123Mike's gear list:123Mike's gear list
Sony a6000 Sony E PZ 18-105mm F4 G OSS A3000 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony DT 35mm F1.8 SAM +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow