Started Apr 9, 2013 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
smilejojo
New MemberPosts: 1
Like?
Which bridge camera should I choose?
Apr 9, 2013

Hi! I want to upgrade from a simple point-and-shoot camera to a bridge camera (also called superzoom camera). I've found five possible candidates: the Fujifilm Finepix HS 30EXR, the Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ150, the Nikon COOLPIX P510, the Panasonic Lumix FZ38 and the Pentax X-5. I'm here to ask you guys which camera you think would be best for me. What I want to do with the camera:

• shoot street fashion photography - this means that I would like to have a camera with a lens that has a possible low aperture, so that the background can blur behind the model.
  • shoot macro shots - they don't have to be professional macro shots, but the digital compact camera that I currently have has a maximum distance of 7cm (any closer and the subject blurs) so I, of course, can't get very good macro shots. However, this isn't a priority. 
  • shoot travel photos - this, too, isn't a priority (the main priority is the first point mentioned) but I would like to be able to shoot nice-looking nature and architecture shots from when I'm traveling, since it gives me pictures to look at for memories. 
  • film videos - this last point is probably the lowest priority, but it would be nice for me to be able to film videos, just for the sake. However, if there is a camera that clearly fulfills all other aspects but can't film videos, that's fine.

One last thing that I would like the camera to be able to do is shoot RAW files (since I can edit these better). I did do some research on the different cameras I have looked at and some of them shoot in RAW format but I'm not sure whether they do and I wanted to know whether any of you guys know whether they do.

That being said, I hope you guys can help me with my choice! Thanks

Smilejojo

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow