A99 viewfinder - please help

Started Apr 8, 2013 | Discussions thread
Febs
Regular MemberPosts: 452Gear list
Like?
Re: That's just the way EVF is...
In reply to Karl Gnter Wnsch, Apr 9, 2013

Karl Gnter Wnsch wrote:

Too bright in dim light, too dim in bright light.

This has nothing to do with exposure as most here simply assume - it's that EVF have a very very limited capability to illuminate the image, the amount of light required to drown out the light leakage if you have to use the EVF with glasses (spectacles) is simply not available for them, especially if your eye is adapted to a bright environment. On the other side of the scale if your eye is adapted to a dim environment even the lowest illumination setting on an EVF is too bright for comfort.

-- hide signature --

regards
Karl Günter Wünsch

Hallo Karl Günter,

There's some truth to your statement, however after using the A99 EVF for only one week, I already prefer it over the optical viewfinder of the A900, which was pretty awesome. I don't find it too bright in dark environment but pretty optimal in terms of luminosity. In overcast and mildly sunny weather I prefer it as well because it shows me how the exposure will look like. It's only in bright conditions that I find it a pain to use.

Greetings, Fabian

Febs's gear list:Febs's gear list
Kodak DCS Pro SLR/c Sony Alpha DSLR-A900 Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM Sony 50mm F1.4 Sony 16-35mm F2.8 ZA SSM Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow