Those pricy viewfinders?

Started Apr 9, 2013 | Discussions thread
Ken Gosden
Contributing MemberPosts: 834Gear list
Like?
Re: Those pricy viewfinders?
In reply to BobT, Apr 9, 2013

Actually the answer is they are supported on both.  I don't recall if the E-PL2 supports the newer VF-3, but both cameras support the VF-2.  The Olympus site seems to indicate that the E-PL2 supports both models.  I have the VF-3 on both my XZ-1 and my wife's E-PM1.  It is not a great viewfinder if you want it to get a high quality eye level image.  The color is pretty marginal, but for use on sunny days to compose a shot or in dark spaces to avoid the LCD screen blinding others, it works great.  The manual focus zoom works well with the VF-3.  In fact, it is much easier to use than it is on the LCD since the camera is more stable on your eye than at arms length.  The VF-2 is a higher quality with more pixels and better color.  The VF-3 only comes in silver and looks a little odd on the black XZ-1.  But I got mine over black Friday last year for $80 so I don't mind the silver.

Ken Gosden's gear list:Ken Gosden's gear list
Olympus Stylus 1030 SW Olympus XZ-2 iHS Olympus E-5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow