HS50EXR - SL1000 - Any other superzoom - Which one to buy ??

Started Apr 9, 2013 | Questions thread
graham the red
Regular MemberPosts: 292Gear list
Like?
Re: HS50EXR - SL1000 - Any other superzoom - Which one to buy ??
In reply to MarvinErich, Apr 9, 2013

I have the nikon P510 which does produce superb results. This was taken this morning on a dull drizzly day at full optical and digital zoom.Iso 400 1/60th @4.9 . The camera was resting precariously on the window sill and whilst it's clear that there are no prizes for sharpness here I wanted the Robin in closeup and I got it. Thats 2000mm !! in 35 mm terms I believe.

In sunny conditions and a tripod it will giveĀ  excellent picture quality but like all the current choices it does have the small sensor so you have to accept the limitations. I'm considering the Fuji Sl1000 becauseĀ I want the extra reach and the extremely useful 24mm wide and raw ,which the Nikon doesn't have.

Im guessing the picture quality will be good in all the long zoom bridge cameras ,so it's the bells and whistles which will make the difference. Good luck in your choice anyway.

graham the red's gear list:graham the red's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Samsung NX mini Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8 Sony Vario-Tessar T* E 16-70mm F4 ZA OSS
selected answer This post was selected as the answer by the original poster.
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow