Nikon D800 or D7100 for aspiring photographer

Started Apr 8, 2013 | Discussions thread
MikeInIndy
Senior MemberPosts: 1,057Gear list
Like?
Re: Nikon D800 or D7100 for aspiring photographer
In reply to Robin Casady, Apr 9, 2013

And with more and more component cost cutting, electronics to fail and planned obsolescence etc they're getting to be even less so.  Oh, and don't forget that any problem even in warranty is likely to be "impact damage".  Frankly we're reaching a zenith where "slower" and cheaper glass can get you image quality that is more than adequate results for most uses.  I switched to a 70-200 f4 rather than buying a VRII 2.8 and am glad I went that way for example.  And aside from having to correct distortion every time my 24-85 VR seems to be more than sufficiently sharp.  I'm actually surprised Nikon took so long to release a new 80-400 or why they don't release some "slow" telephoto primes.  And the old "digital cameras become worthless in no time" is starting to fall off since even a used digital camera is now so powerful.  See the selling prices and performance of a used D700 if you're not sure.  Low end DX cameras are still a commodity but high end cameras that perform hold their value reasonably well.

-- hide signature --

-Mike

MikeInIndy's gear list:MikeInIndy's gear list
Nikon D7000 Nikon 1 J1 Nikon D600 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +11 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow