Nikon 85mm F1.8G I bought into the hype about how sharp it is. and " how its the best and sharpest"

Started Apr 7, 2013 | Discussions thread
Daisy AU
Senior MemberPosts: 1,560Gear list
Like?
Re: D800E F/1.8 example
In reply to tektrader, Apr 9, 2013

tektrader wrote:

Can I suggest you go and try one locally before you buy !!  Beat them around the head for a reasonable price. Wouldnt want you to go through what I just did.

Daisy AU wrote:

ki11ua wrote:

From what I know, except from the additional 2/3 of a stop and better construction, it has a bit better bokeh, a bit faster AF and a bit better flare resistance, all mainly because of the better glasses used.

Thanks for that.  I will look at the 1.8G a bit closer, because it's considerably cheaper than the 1.4G.  But on the other hand, I don't have any 1.4 lenses.  Difficult choice, I think.

-- hide signature --

Thanks,
Daisy AU - Brisbane

Although I know it is a lot cheaper for us here to order from the US, I do buy my lenses locally, but I order smaller gear from B&H in NY.

-- hide signature --

Thanks,
Daisy AU - Brisbane

Daisy AU's gear list:Daisy AU's gear list
Nikon Coolpix S9100 Nikon D7000 Nikon 1 V1 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow