My lonely A99 in a glorious China photo trip (long post, many pics)

Started Apr 6, 2013 | Discussions thread
Amateur Sony Shooter
Senior MemberPosts: 5,316Gear list
Like?
Re: My lonely A99 in a glorious China photo trip (long post, many pics)
In reply to Meadown, Apr 9, 2013

Meadown wrote:

Big question is what ND filters do you use? How sunny was it during the LE stream shots. Do you ever use CPL with your ND? Filters are the lowest point of my photo knowledge I work selling cameras and specialized equipment so I have access to all the good stuff but I need to spend some days shooting with someone who knows everything I want to know about landscapes.

Thanks Meadown for the nice words. Regarding filters, I used Hitech 0.6 and 1.2 soft edge graduated nd filter, plus Hitech Pro Stop 10 ND filter. I also brought Hoya CPL filter and regular UV filters but never used them. My ND and GND filters are drop-in style fit in Coken "P" size (with 77mm thread size) which caused some vignetting, so if you start from scratch I would strongly suggest you go for bigger size such as 100mm holder. That will allow you drop 2-3 filters without vignetting on wide angle. Both Formatt Hitech and Lee filters are good filters. Alternatively you can stack two CPL filters to form a variable ND filter.

Amateur Sony Shooter's gear list:Amateur Sony Shooter's gear list
Sony RX100 Canon EOS 7D Sony SLT-A99 Sony 70-200mm F2.8 G Sony 16-35mm F2.8 ZA SSM Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* +11 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow