LX7 - does its IQ compete with e.g. Sony RX100?

Started Apr 6, 2013 | Discussions thread
Mikedigi
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,444Gear list
Like?
Re: LX7 - does its IQ compete with e.g. Sony RX100?
In reply to ultimitsu, Apr 9, 2013

ultimitsu wrote:

What I am saying is DPr's studio test scene is better controlled than any forumers can come up with. if you want IQ comparison, no forumers will provide you with better images.

If that is your belief, fine.

DPR employees using one set studio scene with very little shadow, with one set of default camera settings, and working to a stressed time schedule, can produce better IQ comparisons than an experienced photographer working indoors and outdoors, with no time pressure, with both cameras at the same time, with the detailed procedure that I have already described in this thread? Is that right?

Re images from other Forum members, some "comparisons" have been carried out under rigorous conditions, to achieve fairness, others have not.

And we are not talking about DSLRs here, but DPR do not even include comparative tests with the camera with its kit lens or kit lenses. This overlooks the fact that around 90% (?) of DSLR buyers only buy the camera with its it lens or with 2 kit lenses. So how do DPR's tests help the prospective buyer here? My D90 just has its 18-105 kit lens, and I love it.

Mike

Mikedigi's gear list:Mikedigi's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F20 Zoom Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow