Just ordered the 24-120mm f/4....after long consideration....

Started Apr 4, 2013 | Discussions thread
Chas P
Contributing MemberPosts: 812Gear list
Like?
Re: Just ordered the 24-120mm f/4....after long consideration....
In reply to slimandy, Apr 9, 2013

slimandy wrote:

Landsandgrooves wrote:

Ordered the 24-120mm f/4 during the sale.  Got it last week.  Finally took it out of the box and shot test photos yesterday.  Today it goes back.

Just not an impressive lens.   Why have a lens that does not produce the best images possible?  Better to have fewer lenses which are excellent.  Just my take on it.

Sometimes the best lens to use is the one that gets you all the shots you need. If the quality of the lens was poor I wouldn't use it at all, but that is not what I have found. If I'm going to miss shots, or keep people waiting, or spoil a trip by carrying too much gear I'd rather take a decent zoom even though I have some nice primes in the same range (Sigma 35mm f1.4, Sigme 85mm f1.4, Zeiss 100mm f2 makro).

#

-- hide signature --

www.andrewsandersphotography.co.uk

+1

Framing, focus acquisition, camera shake, (not to mention content including subject, lighting, background, pose, expression and so on) all trump 'Image Quality', for me.

Chas P's gear list:Chas P's gear list
Nikon D700 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm f/4G ED VR Sigma 12-24mm F4.5-5.6 II DG HSM Nikon AF-S Nikkor 28mm f/1.8G +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow