C&C appreciated - Basics balancing ambient and flash...

Started Apr 7, 2013 | Photos thread
Sailor Blue
Senior MemberPosts: 6,817Gear list
Like?
Re: And then there's this . . .
In reply to Atoche, Apr 9, 2013

Atoche wrote:

Peano wrote:

Keep in mind that you have the option of balancing the color temp in post. It's the result that counts, and sometime you can get the desired result a lot faster in post.

-- hide signature --

~ Peano
www.radiantpics.com

I tried and tried, and could not get the result that you did... any tips?  I use LR4, simply adjusting the temp slider bar did not produce the results for me - that you were able to achieve.  Did you just "warm up" the white balance until the yellow matched everywhere?

I guess when it comes to white balance, I am off balance!

-- hide signature --

"I may be a geek, but it pays for the car...!"

In LR you can make selective area WB adjustments with the Gradient Tool and the Adjustment Brush.  Start at a low value to match the areas where the least adjustment is needed then add multiple adjustments to stack up the adjustments where needed more.  The New command allows you to stack up additional gradients or brushes.

I would use the Adjustment Brush to paint in a bluer WB on the yellow areas to give me natural color.

If you want the entire image to be yellow then do it like this.

Use the WB Tool to sample the yellow area.  This will turn the entire image yellow.  The original area will now be way too yellow so use the Adjustment Brush with the WB set to a WB that will make the area painted more blue to "erase" the overall WB adjustment from that area.  Work with small WB adjustments and stack them up by adding additional Adjustment Brush adjustments.

-- hide signature --

Living and loving it in Bangkok, Thailand. Canon 7D - See the gear list for the rest.

Sailor Blue's gear list:Sailor Blue's gear list
Canon EOS 7D +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow