Is it just me or is the d800 shutter quieter/smoother after the FW update?

Started Apr 8, 2013 | Discussions thread
rgolub
Senior MemberPosts: 2,054Gear list
Like?
Re: Is it just me or is the d800 shutter quieter/smoother after the FW update?
In reply to 4x5 Guy, Apr 9, 2013

Did you do that?  Really?  If so, I won't bother to mess with it tomorrow.  If work was slow, I was going to record the shutter sound, re load the version 1.01 software and re record and run it through an analyzer program.

If you post the visualizations, that might convince some diehards that it's the power of suggestion.

As I've mentioned before, Nikon has a potential gold mine here.  I'll be we start seeing Firmware updates with Chrome / Firefox-like numbering*.  By the end of the year the D800 and D4 at least should have functioning antigravity (great for those heavy telephotos).  We won't even want the D400.

* Both Chrome and Firefox web browsers have decided to try to impress everyone by claiming every little update / bug fix deserves a new version number.  So we get 'new' software every week.  I think Chrome is at version 22 right now.  Not only does it go to 11 ....

-- hide signature --

RG
www.lostrange.com

rgolub's gear list:rgolub's gear list
Nikon D700 Nikon D4 Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF +12 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow