Press events on Tuesday, April 23, 2013?

Started Apr 7, 2013 | Discussions thread
KatManDEW
Senior MemberPosts: 1,511
Like?
Re: So bigger is better?
In reply to Duenorth88, Apr 9, 2013

Duenorth88 wrote:

Well, it depends where you look. Here the D7100 shows a lot more detail while the 7D is a blurry mess. In any regard, i would never make a final decision on image quality from shots like this. Dpreview makes absolutely no attempt to optimize photos and uses the same ACR settings for all images. The best way is to download the raw files yourself, bring into your favorite converter and optimize each picture to its max. Then you will really know how good the images are compared to one another.

Hey, how come the D7100 images are "magnified"? Oh,yea. It's those dog gone useless extra MP.

My photography buddy shoots a D7000. I have a 7D and a 5D3. I have first hand experience from both camps.

Data from places like DXO don't tell the whole story, but it's relatively carefully measured results that lay a baseline that's not hard to follow... Canon is losing ground. Whether that leaves them ahead, behind, or equal to Nikon doesn't change the fact that they're losing ground.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow