My HS50 EXR - Pano Plus L v M v 8 ...

Started Apr 9, 2013 | Discussions thread
Lloydy
Forum ProPosts: 18,868Gear list
Like?
Alex ...
In reply to alexisgreat, Apr 9, 2013

alexisgreat wrote:

Dave your results are interesting to me because I brought up something I read elsewhere about EXR sensors perhaps not having the same discernable resolution as conventional ones, perhaps because of the modified color filter array (being particularly obvious with green foliage, because that is the color filter most impacted.)

Also I believe Bill bought the HS20 and commented the visual resolution did not match his 8 MP Olympus C-8080- granted the glass on the Oly is extraordinary.

... The results are somewhat disappointing when I see a comparison like this, especially the Raw results.

Overall, it has nothing to do with the lens, it is simply that the sensor is way noisier than it ought to be (even shooting Raw), and the EXR Jpeg engine is not extracting the detail it should. In fact, it is crucifying detail. Especially at M size.

Whilst I posted Raw conversion results from Lightroom at default settings, even trying a whole lot of edit tricks did nothing to improve the IQ. I got slightly better results from the RFC EX but nothing came close to the base Sony image.

I'm now wondering what the new comparable crop of Sony's would produceĀ 

-- hide signature --

http://Alex_the_GREAT.photoshop.com

-- hide signature --

Dave

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow