G5 curiosity has gotten the better of me....

Started Apr 7, 2013 | Discussions thread
jalywol
jalywol MOD
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,388Gear list
Like?
Re: Remenber, the G6 is being announced in a couple of days.
In reply to captura, Apr 9, 2013

captura wrote:

jalywol wrote:

captura wrote:

I suddenly have 2 copies of the P. 14-45 lens which I like a lot, although it is large like the NEX kit zoom.  This happened because I just acquired a Lumix G1, which I like a lot. Did you ever own one of these? Or anyone else here?

I have not...I had the 14-45mm, and while it is nice and sharp, I just never used it, preferring either the 14mm prime or the 14-140mm if I was going to use a zoom.  So, I just sold it.

I've never used a G1, but I did have a G2, which I also really enjoyed.  It was a very nice camera; got some good shots with it.  I would have kept it except I felt a little limited by the DR of the sensor.

-J

Interestingly, the GH1 solved the problem with the G1/G2's limited dynamic range by replacing the 12 mp sensor with a 14 mp sensor. Although the nominal specifications still read as being 12 mp for the GH1.

Well, I got the G2 late in its product life, so instead of going to the GH1 when I upgraded, I ended up with a GH2, which I really loved, and used for a year and a half and about 15,000 shots.  I have the GH3 now, and while it is a really remarkable camera and the IQ is an entire big step up from the GH2, I am not feeling quite the love for it that I did for the GH2 yet.  We'll see how that goes  ....

-J

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow