Started Apr 9, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Tom B.
Contributing MemberPosts: 731Gear list
Like?
Buying a new D7100 - but scared I might get one of the many returned cameras
Apr 9, 2013

Reading through the three different Nikon forums I am reading stories of people buying supposedly new cameras, but after checking the actuations, not packed well, opened manual packages, find they are in fact probably getting someone's returned camera. This does not set well with me. Without naming names I read stories this has happened at some of the largest most reputable NY stores, Mail Order Stores and BM local stores. I'm not sure who to blame? And I don't know how wide spread it is. I love Amazon and buy from them regularly, and I know if I found my new camera was not so new they would take a return, as I'm sure the rest would. The question is though, what is happening to all these cameras that people are returning for Left focus, dust, etc...? It doesn't appear they are all going back to Nikon? Something is not right with the system if this is true. There's probably a good percentage of the returns that there is nothing wrong with, but who is qualified to determine that other than Nikon? Anyway, I want to buy a NEW D7100 without taking the chance of getting a not so new one. I might go to Best Buy being its local. Maybe its the nature of the beast now days.

-- hide signature --

Tom

Tom B.'s gear list:Tom B.'s gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Nikon D7100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Nikon AF DX Fisheye-Nikkor 10.5mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 17-55mm f/2.8G ED-IF +11 more
Nikon D7100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow