Fusion and SSD question

Started Apr 8, 2013 | Discussions thread
Snodayz
Regular MemberPosts: 116Gear list
Like?
Re: Fusion and SSD question
In reply to JulesJ, Apr 9, 2013

I'm in the process of buying the same machine, but have opted for the fusion drive.  My understanding is that internal busses are generally faster than external drives and so accessing photos within my library will be faster (although the initial boot into Aperture will be fractionally slower).  Photo editing should be identical between the two as that is done in RAM and 32Gb should be more than enough even for large individual files.  Lastly, I'm not keen on my primary library existing on something as portable as an external HD - way too easy for a burglar to walk off with.  I keep no less than three external backups of my photo library at all times with at least one of these off-site.  When my content eventually outgrows 3Gb my movies and music will go to external drives but I'll keep my photo library inboard for as long as possible.  Who knows, by then internal multi-Tb SSD's may be available and much cheaper than now.

Snodayz's gear list:Snodayz's gear list
Canon PowerShot S100 Nikon D4 Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +11 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow