F900EXR - I'm in love

Started Apr 6, 2013 | Discussions thread
Kim Letkeman
Forum ProPosts: 31,983Gear list
Like?
Re: F900EXR - I'm in love
In reply to alexisgreat, Apr 9, 2013

alexisgreat wrote:

Kim is that because of a better sensor, better lens , better quality control or some combo of those? (saying that F770-900 are better than the F550.)

It is an empirical observation. The F770 is slightly better than the F550 in IQ, but much better in reach and ergonomics. The F900 seems better again than the F770 in ergonomics (menus) and of course in AF.

The sensor is new, and my hack proved that it has very difference color response from that of the earlier models ... so there could certainly be a reason why it has so much better saturation, but it could also simply be an improved JPEG engine. Lots of possibilities.

What is nice is how well these respond in RAW now. But of course Adobe have also fixed the RAW engine in LR4.4 for the older models, so EXR is now more the bomb than ever

Kim Letkeman's gear list:Kim Letkeman's gear list
Nikon Coolpix 990 Fujifilm FinePix F200EXR Fujifilm FinePix F770EXR Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF3 +16 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow