Started Apr 6, 2013 | Discussions thread
Kim Letkeman
Forum ProPosts: 33,110Gear list
Like?
Re: F900EXR - I'm in love
In reply to Richard Southworth, Apr 9, 2013

Richard Southworth wrote:

Alexis,

I'm aware of Fuji's use of two pixels with different exposures to increase DR, a client/friend of mine (professional portrait photographer) has never forgiven Fuji for stopping production of the S5 Pro, he felt it was the best camera ever for his uses, mainly because it was so forgiving of incorrect exposure.

However, so far I've found the two pixel binning for increased S/N to be very effective for my needs.  I've had no problem taming high contrast scenes in ACR/Photoshop, utilizing the increased flexibility of raw images and the various controls within ACR to recover highlight detail and bring up shadow areas.  If I were oriented toward jpeg processing I might feel differently.

Well, obviously you plan to stick to your guns without performing the experiment. So be it ...

-- hide signature --
 Kim Letkeman's gear list:Kim Letkeman's gear list
Nikon Coolpix 990 Fujifilm FinePix F200EXR Fujifilm FinePix F770EXR Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF3 +16 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow